To BuyChoosing A
Agent Time to
You should choose a real estate agent wisely, as this is one of the most important journeys in your life, you will always remember. Make it a good memory!
Buying real estate in Northern Virginia requires making many important decisions, deciphering the current local market, negotiating with different personalities, understanding complex issues and quit a bit of paperwork. It helps to have a Northern VA expert with experience and results to back it, on your side when making such a large purchase. I can help guide you through the home buying process, provide you access to listings before they even hit the general market, negotiate the best deal and terms, or help you win your next home in a competitive market. This includes single family homes, condos, town homes, and new construction.
Factors to Consider:
- Full-time Agent: An agent who sells real estate everyday and it’s not a hobby.
- Market Knowledge: Do they know the market and how long have they been selling real estate in said market?
- Availability: How much time the agent will have for you, and when?
- Credentials: Education, experience, and results. A good agent will continually gain knowledge of the latest real estate trends and hold designations and certifications in specific fields or topics of real estate.
- Construction Knowledge: An agent you choose should have home construction knowledge. They should be able to identify polybutylene pipes, a radon remediation system, tankless hot water heater, solid core interior doors, or the age of an HVAC or hot water heater. they should be able to identify granite vs quartz vs marble, travertine vs ceramic tile, stain in place vs manufactured hardwood floors, or tray vs coffered to just name a few.
- Negotiator: An agent must be n excellent negotiator during many parts of the buying process including price, contract terms, home inspection items. low appraisals, and walk thru issues to name a few.
- Builder Experience: An agent needs experience with custom home builders and production home builders alike. Negotiating with home builders is much different than a resale from a home owner. Understanding the entire home building process is a must.
- Testimonials/Reviews: An agent with Online public reviews is a must.
- Do They Have a Website: An agent must take pride in their profession with their own website with tools, articles, and a search capability? This will give a good idea if they are in business for just the commission or to create true value.
- Use of Latest Tech: An agent must use cloud based tech tools including e-signature, home search, comparative market analysis, transaction management, and customer relationship manager to just name a few. Real estate is a high touch business, however technology will make an agent more efficient and the process more convenient for you, the buyer.
- Commitment To You: An agent must be committed to find the home that meets your needs and goals whether you find it on day 1 or day 149.
Get Started Now
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.